Medical & Patient Charts & Records
Learn more about how OnCourse created a custom data capturing solution for a hospital.
Medical Records Problem
After one year of operation, a Specialty Surgical Hospital experienced patient-visit volumes far in excess of projections. Their Health Information Department was quickly running out of space for records storage. And the staff was becoming overwhelmed with the phone-call and fax volume required with its outsourced Coding and Transcription vendors.
Document Imaging was evaluated as an alternative to consuming more valuable floor space with shelving and adding additional file clerks. Upon evaluating an Imaging solution, additional benefits were uncovered. OnCourse’s backfile conversion combined with FileBound Content Management software provided a seamless link with the hospital’s outsourced Transcription and Coding vendors.
- Documents are scanned immediately after discharge to eliminate the need for records storage space.
- The Coding vendor has immediate access to the patient records via the FileBound web service without any faxing or phone calls from the Health Information staff.
- Operative reports are received from the Transcription vendor and automatically routed to the appropriate physician for review and electronic signature.
- Release of Information time was drastically reduced with the ability to search and retrieve hundreds of records in seconds.
- Transcribed operative reports are received electronically from the Transcription vendor.
- The operative reports are routed to the appropriate physician for review and electronic signature.
- The remaining records are scanned and uploaded into FileBound after patient discharge.
- Key index values are attached to images using an automated process in conjunction with the patient database.
- Operative reports are routed to the Coding vendor where coders pull from a “first in” pool.
- After coding, records are marked “complete” and stored in the general image repository.
- No more lost or misfiled records
- Enterprise wide access to records
- Multi-tiered security for record access
- HIPAA compliant log/reporting of user activity
- Shortened revenue cycle
- No additional space or staff required for the department
The benefits of invoice approval automation are widely known, however finding an affordable solution that is easy to use, enterprise wide, and can be modified to adhere to your specific business rules and processes can be hard to find. An OnCourse solution checks all of those boxes as well as eliminating the manual capture processes by your team through integration with your ERP.
An OnCourse solution meets you at your point of need; from invoice receipt that allows your vendors to seamlessly continue to submit invoices without change, to indexing the required fields backed by extensive quality control verification from your databases. Using a permissions based approach, access and actions are defined by your rules, not software limitations. Approval routing can be fully automated, ad-hoc direct to approver, or any combination. Escalations can be built in and a detailed audit trail is standard. Let us help you configure a solution that gives immediate visibility to your entire spend.Read Case Study
See how OnCourse helped ValiData with a front-end scrubbing solution.Read Case Study
Response Management & Survey
Find out how OnCourse helped a Fortune 500 company reduce turnaround time from sales-lead acquisition to fulfillment.Read Case Study